Ford Motor Company ("Ford", "we", "our") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices, we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you.
The Community Challenge Program is provided and operated by Ford Motor Company Fund in conjunction with Ford Motor Company, whose registered address is One American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126, U.S. The Ford Community Challenge program is administered in the U.S.
What personal information we will use
- Contact information
- Any other personal data you provide in your Request for Proposal and Budget, later in the Program process.
In addition, we will collect your personal information if you contact us. The categories of information that we collect about you if you contact us include your name and/or a user name that you choose; contact information (such as your address, telephone number(s) and email address); and any comments you provide in the message.
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you (for example, the terms which govern your participation in a Community Challenge). Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations. We will inform you at the time your information is collected whether certain data is compulsory (for example, by marking mandatory fields in application forms for a Community Challenge) and the consequences of the failure to provide it. If you do not provide the information that we indicate is mandatory in a Community Challenge entry form, you will not be able to enter the Community Challenge.
How personal information is used
We may use your Community Challenge Personal Data:
- To consider your application in conjunction with Apadrina la Ciencia, the Ford Motor Company Fund and Ford Motor Company;
- To contact you regarding the status of your submission;
- Fulfill a Community Challenge-related request (e.g., process your entry);
- Respond to comments or requests for information regarding the Community Challenge;
- Allow you to participate in Community Challenge related events and activities;
- Send you Community Challenge updates and communicate with you about your entry;
- Make your Community Challenge experience more customer friendly;
- Award grants;
- Manage and improve our business and our relationship with you; and
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities, respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties, prevent and detect crime and fraud, or protect your, our or others’ rights
Which are the legal grounds for the processing of Personal Data
European and Spanish data protection law requires us to have a lawful ground to collect and use your personal information. Where European data protection law applies to our use of your personal information, there are different lawful grounds that we rely on to use your personal information, and we will collect and use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example, as contained in the conditions under which you enter a Community Challenge
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to communicate with you about your entry, to publicise entries reaching the semi-final stages, and winning entries, and to manage and improve our business and our relationship with you. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out when we process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us using the details below
Your rights in relation to personal information
European and Spanish data protection law grants individuals certain rights in relation to their personal information. If our use of your personal information is governed by European and Spanish data protection law, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the rights to:
- Access your personal information and certain information about how we process it
- Rectify the personal information we hold about you
- Erase your personal information
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Object to our use of your personal information
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (often known as the 'right to data portability')
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal information, or would like to exercise any of the rights you have in relation to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information, we hope that in the first instance you will contact us. Where our use of your personal information is subject to European and Spanish data protection law, you may, however, also make a complaint to your local data protection authority.
Sharing personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Organizations which will judge the Community Challenge entries
- Companies or other organizations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers
- Companies or other organizations where you have asked us to, or agreed that we may share your personal information
- Any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals' personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues
If you are providing personal information in connection with a Community Challenge, and if you are selected as a semi-finalist or a winner, we will include your name and details of your entry to the Community Challenge in a publicly available list. Please see the applicable Community Challenge rules for more information.
Security of personal information
We use technical and organizational systems, policies, and procedures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks arising from our collection and use of personal information and to protect it from unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of our processing.
Retention of personal information
We keep your personal information in identifiable form for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This generally means holding your personal information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your personal information is reasonably required in order to administer the Community Challenge
- Your personal information is reasonably required in order to protect and defend our rights or property (this will generally be the length of the relevant legal limitation period)
- We are otherwise required to keep your personal information by applicable laws or regulations.
Transferring personal information internationally
The Community Challenge Program is operated by Ford Motor Company Fund with Ford Motor Company, entities located in the United States and we may use global service providers to process personal information. As a result, your personal information will be transferred to destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), and these destinations may not be regarded by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information.
When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA and that information is subject to European data protection law, we will do so in accordance with European data protection law. You can contact us if you would like further information about our international transfers of your personal information.
Other websites and social networking
The Website may also offer you the opportunity to share information or follow us or third parties using third party social networking functionality (such as through “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons). This functionality is offered in order to generate interest in the Website among the members of your social networks, and to enable you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about the Website. However, you should be aware that sharing personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
Ford España, S.L.
Apdo. de Correos nº 3, 46700 Gandia – Valencia
Phone number 900 807 090